Meet Nordic Energy Challenger Foivos Maniatis and Ignacio Javier Moreno Roche
The first stage of the Nordic Energy Challenge 2023 is concluded. Five candidates have advanced to the second phase. The next step for the qualified participants is to submit their final…
The first stage of the Nordic Energy Challenge 2023 is concluded. Five candidates have advanced to the second phase. The next step for the qualified participants is to submit their final proposals by 10 August.
Meet this year’s challengers, one at a time, and gain insight into their ideas in support of Energy and Security. Two of the applicants are Foivos Maniatis and Ignacio Javier Moreno Roche.
- Name: Foivos Maniatis and Ignacio Javier Moreno Roche
- Position: Msc Student, Co-founder
- Institution: Aalborg University, Elysium Energy
- Name of idea: A model Nordic farm for circular economy and hydrogen microgrids
- Summary of idea: We’re cultivating new pathways for renewable energy with our specialized software, designed to facilitate hydrogen microgrid adoption. The absence of standardized tools and a significant knowledge gap between technical and non-technical stakeholders, leads to challenges in decision-making and risk assessment. Our software mitigates these hurdles by automating microgrid sizing, optimizing energy systems, and assessing the economics, thus promoting sustainable technology. We’re currently validating our software through a Norwegian farm project, focused on the circular economy, biodiversity, and circular energy cycles. This implementation will validate our precision-oriented approach.
On 27–28 September, one of the challengers will be elected winner and awarded at a conference in Gotland, Sweden. More information about the upcoming conference will soon be shared on Nordic Energy Research’s website, LinkedIn, and Twitter.